by Pieter Thomassen and Rob Morgenstern, with Peter Walker
Zentraedi Liewneuatzs class Personnel Shuttle
| Length : ||51.4 m|
| Width : ||33.6 m|
| Height : ||17.9 m|
| Weight : ||620 metric tons|
- Design: Tritszrak design bureau.
- Builder: numerous yards throughout the Tirolian Mercantile Empire.
- Two man (crew) transport/courier vehicle.
III. Service History:
- Served with all arms of the Regular Zentraedi Forces and Border Fleets from 1690 onwards.
- Four Varretszal type 89 plasma-shock expansion engines mounted in two rows of two in the rear of the main hull. The maximum output of each thruster is 1500 kN.
- Two Varretszal type 91 plasma-shock expansion engines mounted in the lower sponsons facing aft. The maximum output of each thruster is 1700 kN.
- Two Varretszal type 94 plasma-shock expansion engines mounted in the upper main hull. The maximum output of each thruster is 400 kN.
- Two Varretszal type 95 plasma-shock expansion engines mounted in the extreme nose. The maximum output of each thruster is 420 kN.
- One Lebikanma gravity pod.
- Miscellaneous attitude control thrusters
- Fuel: 80 standard cannisters of protoculture.
- Speed : 3656 kph (at 12000 m)
- Delta-v capacity: 5.0 kps
- Protoculture supply : average operational life 40 hours continuous use.
- Capacity: 20 passengers or 87.4 metric tons of cargo.
VI. Sensory Systems:
- VSP1-SS (*) phased array radar with spherical coverage, for various scan/track, mapping, reconnaissance and navigation functions.
- VSP1-SS Multi-band digital camera system, for medium range all attitude infra-red imaging, optical and ultra-violet band detection and tracking.
Tactical Electronic Warfare System (TEWS):
- VSP1-SS Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- VSP1-SS Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- VSP1-SS Active sensor jammer system
- VSP1-SS Chaff and flare dispenser
(*) Terran designation. The Tirolian designers considered the sensors part of the design and did not assign separate designations for these systems.
The hull of the Liewneuatzs shuttle could resist repeated re-entries into an atmosphere. The Liewneuatzs did not mount any armor as such.
The Liewneuatzs shuttle was used by the Zentraedi forces to transfer cargo and personnel between near-by ships and bases. The Liewneuatzs was capable of descending to and ascending from a planetary surface. The shuttles also saw use as high speed couriers due to their speed and maneuverability.
The shuttle was of very simple construction. The main hull was rectangular, with four main engines in the back, two more engines underneath the hull in the sponsons. Two more engines, used almost exclusively for orbital ascends, were placed in the upper rear of the shuttle. Numerous attitude and maneuvering thrusters were located over the hull of the craft, with two main braking engines in the extreme nose. Five reaction mass tanks were mounted partially externally on the rear half of the hull. The propulsion installation also included an anti-gravity pods, making the Liewneuatzs capable of unlimited hovering and slow ascends without using significant quantities of reaction mass.
See additional design notes.
Return to Zentraedi auxiliary Aircraft Index.
Go to Robotech Reference Guide Home Page.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Content by Pieter Thomassen and Robert Morgenstern, with Peter Walker
HTML by Robert Morgenstern (email@example.com)
Copyright © 2000, 1999, 1997 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker