by Peter Walker and Pieter Thomassen
Trilobite-class Command Frigate
Names and disposition:
| ||Length:||1.4W meters
| ||Width:||W meters
| ||Height:||x meters
| ||Mass:||x metric tons.
- Main Power: Protoculture system, details unknown
- Main Thrusters (2 arrays): Power unknown at this writing. Thruster arrays arranged in an over/under configuration.
- Maneuvering Thrusters:
- x large maneuvering jets. Power unknown at this writing.
- x small maneuvering jets. Power unknown at this writing.
- Anti-gravity System : anti-gravity nodes embedded within the ships structure. Propulsive power unknown at this writing.
- Fold System: Standard, capabilities unknown.
Endurance and mobility limits:
- Max atmospheric speed: Mach 0.9.
- Max observed space acceleration: 0.6 g.
- Range: Unknown.
- IPC-15 particle cannon (2): The main anti-ship weapons are a pair of heavy particle cannons mounted as large rail-like projections from the lower front of the vessel. These cannons are an Invid re-engineered version of the Zentraedi Makral Deim 649 heavy particle cannon mounted on the Queadol Magdomilla strikecruiser.
The particle beam has an effective range of 300,000 km. and a full power discharge of 1.5 Terajoules, equivalent to 300 tons of TNT. Although the cannon could be fired at lower power settings (and commensurate increases in the rate of fire) the highest power setting was typical in combat.
The rate of fire at this setting was approximately three salvos per minute per gun due to the Invid's lack of sophisticated manufacturing facilities needed to perfectly replicate the Tirolian weapons technology.
- Command suite
- 'Organic brain' C3I for coordination of inorganic forces
- Full spectrum scanners, active and passive. Protoculture sensors, range in excess of 500,000 kilometers in space or 250 km in an atmosphere.
The Trilobite-class is the armed warship used by the Invid Regent's Forces in space combat to supplement their massed mecha swarms. These ships are also used by the Regent's forces as small mobile hives, with the organic brain computer providing the command and control system for the inorganic forces. The Trilobite is an advent of the Regent's forces to supplement the Hive Ship forces to act as forward supply and command posts for planetary invasions.
The Trilobite-class has a large landing bay in the front of the ship used to land shuttles and launch drop ships.
See additional design notes.
Go to Invid Naval Index.
Go to the Robotech Reference Guide Home Page.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no
way intended to infringe upon their rights.
HTML by Robert Morgenstern (email@example.com)
Copyright © 1999 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker